Monday, October 20, 2008

Starting over

Well the Summer run just ended. It was really good. We went some places that were obviously too awesome for the meager crew to describe in our blog. I think the band covered it all very well though. All of our gear is being returned to the proper vendors today. Next is Europe. So we go from having everything but PA and some lighting, to only bringing a handful of "can't do without" stuff. Guitars, pedals, etc. Then off to the Christmas tour, where we bring all of it again.

This morning I realized, Darren and I will have do mix from scratch every day. Carrying our consoles in made for a little less prep time and easier soundchecks for us and the band. But, going back to square one reminded me of being saved, odd maybe. But, starting today, any mistakes or blemishes I had stored in the console will be wiped away. Whether I knew they were there or not, they are gone. So my mix has been delivered! As I am daily. Praise be to God! Look out Europe. Here we come!

2 comments:

race_12_1 said...

Doing the mix from scratch every day takes you back to when mixing was just that--mixing! That's when things get interesting again. Every day you get to play with the most expensive toy in the room--you know you love it! You get to see what you can do without any preset notion of what things should be set at. You get to stretch your skills again in rooms you have never seen before. You know you are excited about the challenge!

Lordfoh said...

I am exited to walk in and make it happen with the gear provided each day. There is also great pleasure in designing a system the can handle the daily needs of a tour. I love every part of what I do, even though it can get stressful.

But, I guess blabbed on too much around the point of the story. The point was that I found a parallel in daily life to the freedom found in Christ. I am not a very deep person most of the time, so spiritual revelations are not something I am prone to talk about. I should probably stick to making sure the orator's message is intelligible throughout the venue.