Friday, April 4, 2008

?

For the rigger:  I have put this lovely target on the stage for you.  Why do you assume that the point is good when the chain is two feet away from the mark?

For the stage hand:  I know that you have done this since live music was invented, but is it O.K. if I let you know how I'd like to see things done?

For the truck loader:  Your job is very simple.  Your job title perfectly describes what you do.  Do they not tell you that you will be lifting things?

For the house light operator: You have three cues in the whole show, yet you are 3 times more likely to not pay attention and miss a cue.

To all paid hands:  You are getting paid for your work today.  We are letting you go an hour early which means you will get paid for an hour you won't actually work.  Please don't be upset that we don't give you a FREE t-shirt.  Life is tough.


These are just excerpts from my new book "Why?....My quest to understand stage hands".  It's in book stores now.

-Snooch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude this is awesome...Can I add a "For the Building Guy" chapter?

Tour Mom Mel said...

And I'd like to add a chapter "For the Promoter Guy". Like a chapters on "Why are there more people Here than Seats Available?" or "No, Your Son's Garage Band can't Be the Opening Act", and "Papa Johns Doesn't Fulfill our Catering Requirements."
And One more, "15 Reasons Why The Production Rider is not called a Suggestion Rider."

Tim and Laurie Howard said...

Absolutely true - all of it!

race_12_1 said...

I just came across your blog today--very interesting. My husband works as a sound director for a concert hall--yes the HOUSE GUY!!!

I know they are NOTORIOUS for "not being educated" and "not knowing their stuff". From his perspective that is true of 99% of the people who do his job. He would love a book like that!! He loves when people come to his house and rave about him, his house, and the staff he works with!