Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chris Farnsworth

So far the crew member of the day has been added by our production manager, Chris Farnsworth. Well Mr Farnsworth... today is your day.


I stole this picture from here.

This guy starts every day before a lot of us are even awake. He checks every detail of the venue from where power is coming from to whether the stage is in the right place. He even walks up and down every panel on the stage just to be sure none are broken or wobbly.

He answers phone and radio calls all day from promoters and crew guys and solves issues created by those same people. All of this work comes after he spends hours on the phone ahead of each show trying to avoid the issues.

He's also one of the few production managers that I've worked with that actually spends the whole show watching the show and making sure everything continues to run smoothly. I did learn a little secret the other day when one of our camera guys zoomed in on Chris sitting at front of house.



a well deserved nap.

3 comments:

Lordfoh said...

Kudos on the nap man. well deserved indeed.

Chris said...

I know for a fact that he was still "aware" of what was going on around him. He never sleeps.

Lordfoh said...

BTW I think the Farns is great, but I ain't recommending him until I get the all clear from tour mom.