Sunday, April 27, 2008

St. Paul Catering Excellence

The Topic for my first blog is concerning yesterday's Catering Experience.

You would think that with the great food, flowers, tablecloths, and also candles, muted tv's, and calming music to add to the ambiance that we must surely have paid an exorbitant amount of money. However, we actually paid over $500 more for catering in Raleigh and in Bossier City than we did yesterday in St. Paul.

Now these aren't things that are included in our rider, nor do we ever walk into catering expecting it. But wasn't it a nice bonus for the day? For just a few minutes and for all 3 meals we were rewarded unexpectedly with a moment of excellent treatment. I don't know about you, but it made me feel special, . . . appreciated even. I almost felt like it really wasn't for me, and we were cheating. Maybe they thought we were someone else.

But you know, the truth is that we were just in the presence of a group of people that gave attention to the details, went above and beyond the expected, and believed in doing their job with excellence. It didn't take a whole lot of extra effort or money, and yet made a bright spot in the lives of 67 tour people.

Kinda made me think. . . Do I always do my job with excellence? Or do I do what it takes to get by? After all, I'm busy and have a lot going on. And isn't this a society where we think "You get what you pay for"? So I am asking myself, "What kind of difference could I make in someone else's life if I paid attention to details, went above and beyond the expected, and did what I do with excellence"? . . . . . . Hmmm . . . Just a thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAMEN!! I think that was the best catering of the tour. Hats off to St. Paul, MN. That is also a great word on excellence.

Lordfoh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

I agree. What if we all put in that tiny little extra to work toward what we do? Something to work towards.