Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shame on me!

Hey...Production Assistant here...I just feel the need to write a short note of apology to my fellow crew members. Yesterday we were in St. Paul, MN at the Xcel Energy Center. Basically the importance of that is that it's huge! Catering is on one side of the arena and the dressing rooms on the other. Well, not only did our hard working crew have to walk all around the arena all day, but they were forced to wander in confusion at 7:30 in the morning looking for a door inside. Now, because I am part "band wife" part "crew member" I ride the band bus, which was parked literally backstage. Therefore, I had no problem finding my way inside when I stepped off the bus. I feel like an apology is necessary because I am responsible for putting tape arrows down each morning to prevent everyone from getting lost. Three of our buses were parked not only further up the ramp, but, up the ramp, through a HUGE dock door, around the corner, through another HUGE dock door, and further up the ramp. I did not realize the magnitude of this mistake until I went out to stock the buses with groceries and ice. Although I made it out, I was not paying attention to where I was going and could not find my way back in for about 15 minutes. Frustrating! So...to the crew I want to say...I AM SORRY! I'm sorry for assuming that the buses were "just up the ramp" and not finding them to point you in the right direction.

Ok...so for real...you guys rock and I'm really sorry!

5 comments:

Lordfoh said...

No problem. Our bus was right next to yours. I forgive you, and am so sorry that you got lost.

Anonymous said...

Christy you ROCK thanks for all your hard work all the time and for always looking out for us with a great crew room. All is forgiven. We love you!!

Culmer's Thoughts said...

Yea I forgive you too!! And for the record I thought it was really funny!

Culmer's Thoughts said...

And I always think you do a great job!

Chris said...

Everyone listen to me. I have something important to say. Christy, you are super awesome. Thanks for apologizing. Yay!